Autodesk, Inc., has released an update for Autodesk Maya 2012 – Autodesk Maya 2012 Hotfix 1.
Maya 2012 Hotfix 1 includes enhancements to Python scripting with the new Maya Python API 2.0. This new API performs better and faster, offering programmers a more idiomatic experience of Python. The new Python API is similar in structure to the original Python API, making transition easy. To offer the most flexibility, programmers can use both Python APIs in code, respectively, to extend and customize Maya.
In addition, Maya 2012 Hotfix 1 also includes an updated DMM™ (Digital Molecular Matter) plug-in for Maya from Pixelux Entertainment™ that lets you solve up to 2500 tetrahedrals. On Mac OSX and Linux systems, DMM now supports performance improving multithreading. The update also includes the following fixes:
- DMM no longer stops unexpectedly on Linux systems.
- The DMM shelf item no longer disappears after a Maya session is restored.
- Issues with Passive Regions has been fixed on all platforms.
Chaos Group is thrilled to inform all Maya users that V-Ray 2.0 for Maya is now available! The complete, state-of-the-art rendering solution now comes with interactive rendering on GPU and CPU. Users in all industries - from VFX to Architecture - will benefit from a more robust and much faster rendering solution.
New features in V-Ray 2.0:
- V-Ray RT and V-Ray RT GPU
- Support for the Substance textures in Maya 2011.5 and Maya 2012
- Faster rendering of dynamic geometry (displacement, fur, proxies, hair etc)
- Faster rendering of render-time subdivision surfaces, VRayFur and Maya hair
- VRayCarPaint material, VRayToon shader
- Support for dispersion in refractions for VRayMtl
- PTex textures
- Support for rendering of Maya fluids
- Support for the Maya stereo camera in batch render mode
- Shutter efficiency for motion blur
NVIDIA updateQuadro Graphics driver to version 270.61.
Supported products: NVS Series, Quadro series, Quadro FX series, Quadro NVS series, Quadro Plex series, Quadro G-Sync series, 1U System, Quadro Blade/Embedded Graphics Board series.
New in Release 270.61
- CUDA 4.0 for improved performance in GPU Computing applications
- NVIDIA Control Panel Updates
- 3D Vision
- NVIDIA Surround
- Workstation application compatibility fixes
Additional information ypu can find in Release Notes 270.61>>
Oloneo to deliver the fastest and most advanced HDR and RAW processing software of its generation.
Oloneo announced PhotoEngine v1.0, the only High Dynamic Range (HDR) and RAW processing software offering photographers full control over light and exposure in real-time. PhotoEngine v1.0 for Windows is scheduled to ship on May 31st 2011 at US$149 / €125. Beta users who register with Oloneo before May 31st will benefit from a 25% discount to acquire PhotoEngine v1.0 at US$110 / €93.
Oloneo PhotoEngine v1.0: Main Features:
- HDR ToneMap™: high dynamic re-exposure in real-time
- HDR ReLight™: take pictures then set-up lighting
- HDR DeNoise™: remove noise and keep details
- Complete, high-end RAW photo processing
Boris FX, the leading developer of integrated effects technology for video and film, today announced that Boris RED Version 5 is now available. Boris RED is a plug-in application for transitions, professional text, and advanced composites inside Adobe, Apple, Avid, Grass Valley, Media 100, and Sony video editing software. Boris RED 5 introduces support for 64-bit applications such as Adobe Premiere Pro CS5 and After Effects CS5, adds 60+ new filters, and provides a score of new user interface and workflow enhancements.
Boris RED 5 New Feature Highlights:
- Support for 64-bit Video Editing Applications
- 40+ Filters from Final Effects Complete
- High-quality Image Restoration Tools
- New 3D Particle Effects
- Realistic In-Camera Effects
- Stylized Effects include LED, Damaged TV, Tile Mosaic, Scan Lines, and Prism
- Painterly Effects simulate pencil-sketched images
- 50+ New Transition Effects
- User Interface and Workflow Enhancements
The next update will be ZBrush 4R2 (ZBrush 4 Release 2) - it will be a free upgrade to all registered users.
ZBrush 4R2 is currently in development, when we reach beta-testing phases I will be able to post information regarding its release date.
To get the Z4R2 preview rolling, I will start with a sneak-peek of the next update to the BPR renderer.
Best Preview Render.
The BPR renderer in the next version has been updated to a full 32-bits floating-point HDR pipeline. BPR in Z4R2 is capable of rendering high quality images while utilizing improved materials, lights, and environment mapping.
In Z4R2 you will also find a new LightCap/MatCap designer. LightCap (Light-Capture) is similar to MatCap (Material-Capture) but is applied directly to the environment, not to a particular material.
You will be able to easily incorporate your sculpture into an HDR background by using R2 ability to apply shadow to the background-plate as well as auto-generate LightCaps to simulate the environment lights and reflections.
Autodesk, Inc., has released an update for post-production systems to version 2012SP1.
These release notes are for the following products: Autodesk® Flame® 2012, Autodesk Flame Premium 2012, Autodesk Smoke® Advanced 2012, Autodesk Lustre® 2012, Autodesk Flare™ 2012, Autodesk Inferno® 2012, Autodesk Flint® 2012, Autodesk Backdraft® Conform 2012.
- RED Epic® Camera Support - This service pack is required to support the RED Epic camera.
- RED Rocket Driver - The RED Rocket driver (1.3.5) included with the SP1 prevents the Creative Finishing application from using the RED Rocket to import any material other than EPIC material.
Download Service Pack 1 you can here>>
On the very same delivery day of Autodesk 3ds Max 2012, cebas Visual Technology Inc. is able to serve up its versions of both finalRender™ 3.5 and 3.5 SE (including finalToon™) for the newest version of 3ds Max. The software is available in both 32- and 64-bit versions and available for immediate download from the cebas website.
Today, Autodesk is also announcing the release of its 2012 software and that of compatible, top-tier partners, among which cebas counts itself as one of the earliest and longest standing.
SP3 includes New Features and Fixes:
The following are included in the finalRender 3.5 and 3.5 SE SP3:
- The new Render Element "fR Atmospheric" has been added.
- A new include/exclude feature has been added for atmospherics in "fR Complete".
- Visibility track in finalToon has been stabilized.
- Possible issues with ambient occlusion Render Element have been addressed.
- A pyroCluster with fR 3.5 SP2 problem has been fixed.
- The inability of ParticleLight to upgrade Gradient has been fixed.
The Pixel Farm, developer of innovative image-processing systems for VFX, DI and restoration, today announced the immediate availability of a completely redesigned version of their industry-leading 3D camera tracking and matchmoving application, PFTrack 2011.
PFTrack 2011 brings innovative solutions to the diverse challenges of advanced matchmoving faced by independent artists and large visual effects teams working within complex creative pipelines. From extensive plate preparation tools and renowned lens distortion management, through enhanced single-camera, stereoscopic camera, and geometry-based camera and object tracking, image-based modelling and scene reconstruction, PFTrack 2011 sets a new benchmark as the most comprehensive toolset available, with unprecedented levels of power, precision, flexibility and control over every aspect of the matchmoving process.
PFTrack 2011 has been completely re-written as a 64-bit, GPU-accelerated application and expands the robust capabilities of PFMatchit (introduced at Siggraph 2010) by adding a comprehensive suite of advanced matchmoving, scene preparation and image processing tools.
Autodesk, Inc. announced that members of its Autodesk Developer Network (ADN) Sparks program have released more than 90 application products for use with its 3D animation software forDigital Entertainment Creation (DEC). These solutions provide additional creative capabilities and address various production needs, such as rendering engines and render farm management; and material, object and environment libraries.
ADN Sparks developers that have recently released products compatible with both the 32- and 64-bit versions of Autodesk Maya 2012 and Autodesk 3ds Max 2012 include:
- Chaos Software Ltd
- Di-O-Matic Inc.
- Nvidia Corporation
- Pixar Animation Studios
- Pixelux Entertainment SA
- Ready at Dawn
- Sunfish Studio, LLC
- Cebas Visual Technology Inc.
- EON Development AB
- Orbaz Technologies, Inc.
- P SOFTHOUSE Co.,Ltd
- SitniSati d.o.o.
- TurboSquid Inc.
Get a more complete list of ADN Sparks developers that have released application products for Autodesk 2012 Digital Entertainment Creation software (partnerproductsme.autodesk.com). Visit the Autodesk Developer Center for more information about the Autodesk Developer Network or to find an ADN partner.
You have looked at this page:
* unique visitors